[Asterisk-Users] Zapata required?

Steven Kokinos steve at kokinos.com
Thu Apr 8 07:32:30 MST 2004

Hello-

As part of the asterisk build/installation instructions it mentions that the
zaptel drivers should be built and configured first. My question is whether
they are required at all, in the case of a system with no hardware cards at
all (as is the situation in my case).

With them loaded I continually get the following message on my console
(server not asterisk):

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
No ISA tormenta card found at d0000
Zapata Telephony Interface Unloaded

which seems logical given that I don't have any zap hardware. how would i go
about unloading this module and/or does it need to be compiled at all in
this case?

Regards,

-Steve