[Asterisk-Users] dreaded Caller*ID failed checksum

Oliver Wilcock oliver at owch.ca
Thu Apr 8 07:29:51 MST 2004

Some input for those with bigger brains like, perhaps, Jeremy Hall, to
ponder in relation to the Caller*ID failed checksum message.

1.  I have a Digium X101P (and TDM420P)
2.  I installed in January and had no problems with Caller ID
3.  I played with Asterisk including a few CSV updates in February (stable
1.0, I think).
4.  Then I had problems with Asterisk never reporting Caller ID to phones
on the TMD420P and returning the "failed checksum" message sometimes.
5.  I updated to Apri 4 CSV of zaptel and asterisk and now Caller ID
works.
6.  I have ADSL, which introduces noise on the line and I have an
emergency phone which bypasses Asterisk (in case of power failure).  That
phone reports Caller ID without problems.
7.  Now the X101P fails to detect hangups reliably, though I think it is
more reliable than it was in March when I was using the stable code.