[Asterisk-Users] Zapata required?

Michiel Betel michiel at betel.nl
Thu Apr 8 07:55:02 MST 2004

Steve,

No you don't need the zap drivers if you are not using zap-based
hardware. You might want to use the ztdummy driver though as a timing
source for conferencing.
Since the asterisk zaptel  support is in a loadable module you can
instruct Asterisk *not* to use it by specifiing
    noload =>  chan_zap.so
in  /etc/asterisk/modules.conf