[Asterisk-Users] Problems with IAX2?

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Apr 6 19:59:08 MST 2004

>Jeremy,
>
>I can confirm as of cvs this morning, the 7960->iax2 jitter is still a
>very major problem. Interestingly, it's not as big (if any) problem with
>the Snom 200 phone. Reading the comments in bug #1220, it appears to be
>related to internal iax timestamp issues and the translation to sip-g.xxx
>for the 7960's. (Might be some other phones as well, but reading between
>the lines suggest it's a limited subset of all sip phones.) I've tried
>g711 and g729 on both 7960's and snom 200 with three different * systems
>of various cvs dates. All three have the issue with the 7960's, but not
>sure as yet on the snom. Will know more by morning (CDT).

Rich,   I think your Cisco phones are having trouble with the irregular
timestamps (not evenly spaced at 20ms, but ocassionaly having jumps of
19 or 21 ms).  Our problem is different.  It is in the other direction
(the PSTN) side.  We do experience slight hiccups on our SPA2000s when
timestamps jump by 19ms or 21ms but that is nothing compared with the
lack of jitter buffer experience.