[Asterisk-Users] Problems with IAX2?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Apr 6 19:06:30 MST 2004

> > Our problem has certainly been bad with Nufone lately.  And now that
> > somebody else confirmed their jitter buffer is disabled, this says it
> > all.  We have not had any issues with other SIP providers though.  We
> > are now in the process of testing alternate providers that can replace
> > the backup service we use with Nufone now.
> > Andres.
>

> Have you tried updating your asterisk box?   There has been some
> significant developments with Asterisk lately and I absolutely cannot
> duplicate any audio problems on many different Internet connections that
> I have access to.
>
> It's funny you didn't bother complaining to us directly instead of the list.

Jeremy,

I can confirm as of cvs this morning, the 7960->iax2 jitter is still a
very major problem. Interestingly, it's not as big (if any) problem with
the Snom 200 phone. Reading the comments in bug #1220, it appears to be
related to internal iax timestamp issues and the translation to sip-g.xxx
for the 7960's. (Might be some other phones as well, but reading between
the lines suggest it's a limited subset of all sip phones.) I've tried
g711 and g729 on both 7960's and snom 200 with three different * systems
of various cvs dates. All three have the issue with the 7960's, but not
sure as yet on the snom. Will know more by morning (CDT).

I don't think the above poster was ragging on you; the problem seems to
be very limited in who is impacted "and" in one direction but not the
other. Mark has been working on this as late as 4:30am this morning, and
he was having problems reproducing it from his location. He closed the
bug, but I'm 98% sure the problem hasn't actually been resolved.

I've looked at your new web site to sign up for service, but couldn't
find any way to do that. If you'd like to test the problem, I'd be more
then happy to work with you to do that since the issue apparently has
a rather limited (but unknown) set of dependencies.

Rich
700-434-5395