[Asterisk-Users] iax2 trunk - unable to accept trunk packet

dkwok dkwok at iware.com.au
Mon Apr 5 21:20:07 MST 2004

My * box which has the zaptel card is also connect to voip termination
using zaptel card. The same problem exist as with the * box which does
not have the zaptel card.

The tech director of the voip provider told me that it is not a timing
issue and more to do with my config.

Let's not cynical about the way I raised the question. I know there is
no matching peer. I do not using windoz myself and I am not accustomed
to pop up gui. But why there is no matching peer, this is not expected.
I presume ztdummy will provide the same timing device as zaptel card.
But apparently it is not. Or is it really due to missing of zaptel card
on the other peer.

My iax.conf is as follows:
[general]
port=5036
bandwidth=low
disallow=all                    ; same as bandwidth=high
allow=gsm
allow=g729
;disallow=g723.1                ; Hm...  Proprietary, don't use it...
disallow=lpc10                  ; Icky sound quality...  Mr. Roboto.
jitterbuffer=yes
dropcount=3
maxjitterbuffer=500
maxexccessbuffer=100
trunkfreq=20                    ; How frequently to send trunk msgs (in ms)
register => iax_home:99883805 at 218.214.xxx.xxx
trunk=yes
tos=lowdelay
[iax_office]
type=friend
#auth=md5
context=int-ext
disallow=all
allow=g729
trunk=yes

The other thing may be helpful is what modules should be loaded without
zaptel card. My lsmod show me:
[root at AstHom asterisk]# lsmod
ztdummy                 2532   0  (unused)
zaptel                179424   8  [ztdummy]
soundcore               6404   0  (autoclean)
autofs                 13268   0  (autoclean) (unused)
e100                   60644   1
keybdev                 2944   0  (unused)
mousedev                5492   0  (unused)
hid                    22148   0  (unused)
input                   5856   0  [keybdev mousedev hid]
usb-uhci               26348   0  [ztdummy]
usbcore                78784   1  [hid usb-uhci]
ext3                   70784   2
jbd                    51892   2  [ext3]

have I got the necessary modules to do trunking?
--
David Kwok
Tel: 612 99292086 ext 1002