[Asterisk-Users] iax2 trunk - unable to accept trunk packet

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Mon Apr 5 23:48:23 MST 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, dkwok wrote:

> My * box which has the zaptel card is also connect to voip termination
> using zaptel card. The same problem exist as with the * box which does
> not have the zaptel card.
>
> The tech director of the voip provider told me that it is not a timing
> issue and more to do with my config.
>
> Let's not cynical about the way I raised the question. I know there is
> no matching peer.

I think you're not understanding what 'peer' means in this context. Your
reply has demonstrated that you've missed what Jeremy and John are telling
you.  At a guess, I'd say you're not going to get anything more than
flames from them.  ;-)

> I do not using windoz myself and I am not accustomed to pop up gui. But
> why there is no matching peer, this is not expected.  I presume ztdummy
> will provide the same timing device as zaptel card.  But apparently it
> is not. Or is it really due to missing of zaptel card on the other peer.

It has nothing to do with zaptel timing.  The message is meant to tell you
that you do not have the boxes defined to each other as IAX2 peers.

"iax2 show peers" may illuminate.

> My iax.conf is as follows:
> [general]
> port=5036
> bandwidth=low
> disallow=all                    ; same as bandwidth=high
> allow=gsm
> allow=g729
> ;disallow=g723.1                ; Hm...  Proprietary, don't use it...
> disallow=lpc10                  ; Icky sound quality...  Mr. Roboto.
> jitterbuffer=yes
> dropcount=3
> maxjitterbuffer=500
> maxexccessbuffer=100
> trunkfreq=20                    ; How frequently to send trunk msgs (in ms)
> register => iax_home:99883805 at 218.214.xxx.xxx
> trunk=yes
> tos=lowdelay
> [iax_office]
> type=friend
> #auth=md5
> context=int-ext
> disallow=all
> allow=g729
> trunk=yes

You've only shown us one iax.conf; we'd need both to get the complete
picture.

Jeremy has spoken in the past about his dislike of "type=friend" (for more
info, search the list archives for "evil of type=friend").  You may have
exposed this evil.  To see if it is a problem for you, try defining this
as "type=user" on this box and "type=peer" on the other.  To get calls
coming back, add a "type=peer" to this box and a "type=user" to the other.

<snipped lsmod list>

> have I got the necessary modules to do trunking?

Since none are required (well, other than your network device), yes.

Cheers,
Vic Cross