[Asterisk-Users] Buzzing on TDM400P FXS?

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Apr 5 17:37:12 MST 2004

On Apr 5, 2004, at 5:29 PM, Jonathan Biggs wrote:

> Had a similar problem
>
> What kind of phone are you using on that line?
>
> My case, the line was sharing a Palm modem on it.
> Electrical noise from the power strip was causing the
> problem.
>
> Also when My cell phone was too close to the phone,
> same problem
>
> Also found the VMWI logic was not working well with
> the PALM modem and took the mailbox off that line

You know, I never really considered that it could be noise on the line;
  I just assumed that it was an issue with the zap drivers and hardware.
  Unfortunately, I only have one FXS port at home, and that makes it
hard to debug audio problems.  Fortunately, UPS dropped a Cisco 7940G
off this afternoon, so I'll have a second high-quality audio device to
play with, and that should make it a lot easier to fix.

Scott