[Asterisk-Users] Buzzing on TDM400P FXS?

Jeff Gustafson ncjeffgus at zimage.com
Mon Apr 5 18:44:58 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 17:29, Jonathan Biggs wrote:
> Had a similar problem
>
> What kind of phone are you using on that line?
>
> My case, the line was sharing a Palm modem on it.
> Electrical noise from the power strip was causing the
> problem.

	I'm having a similar problem.  The difference was that if I reloaded
the zaptel drivers the buzzing went away.  It seems like the card got
into a strange state.  It might be the system though, because I have
another box that hasn't experienced this problem.  The x101p's don't
have very good filtering.  When I had a gig-E card in one box is was
causing a lot of faint bleeping or buzzing.  Taking out the card helped
a lot, but I still get some odd sounds.  I wonder if these can be
filtered out using a software bandpass filter since the remote site
doesn't hear anything.

			...Jeff