[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + Cisco 7920 + chan_sccp or chan_skinny

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Fri Apr 2 02:19:10 MST 2004

G'day Raymond,

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Raymond McKay wrote:

> I have seen a few postings in the past regarding the interop of Asterisk and
> the Cisco 7920 WiFi phone.  To date, I have not seen a definitive method to
> getting the phone working.  Assuming someone has this actually working, can
> that person step up and answer these questions.

I don't have 7920, so fail your first requirement, but I do know that the
7920 is reported to work with chan_sccp as modified by Lambda Solutions
(their original mods were specifically to provide support for 7920, but
added other features as well such as multi line registrations for
79[46]0).  I remember seeing list messages saying that 7920 was completely
unsupported by either chan_skinny or the original chan_sccp, and even with
Lambda's chan_sccp mods only basic function was available.

Where you would get chan_sccp nowadays though is a mystery, as its last
known download location seems to have disappeared from the net (well, the
domain appears to have been appropriated and is being used for something
else)...

I am using one version of their chan_sccp with a 7960, and can vouch for
its functionality there.  If you strike out finding an up-to-date version
on the net, I can send you a tarball.

If you have not already, check the list archives -- it might give you an
idea of where development got to.

Cheers,
Vic Cross