[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + Cisco 7920 + chan_sccp or chan_skinny

Raymond McKay asterisk at raynettech.com
Thu Apr 1 07:49:31 MST 2004

Greetings,

I have seen a few postings in the past regarding the interop of Asterisk and
the Cisco 7920 WiFi phone.  To date, I have not seen a definitive method to
getting the phone working.  Assuming someone has this actually working, can
that person step up and answer these questions.

1) What Channel is it working with (chan_skinny or chan_sccp)?

2) If code was used that is not a part of a current Asterisk CVS release,
exactly where did that code come from?

3) What specifically is needed in the config files (skinny.conf or
sccp.conf, SEP<MAC>.cnf.xml etc)?  An example would be great.

4) Are any specific firmware versions required for the Cisco 7920 for the
interop to work?

5) What codecs have been successfully tested?

6) What is the proper structure for the TFTP server root and files?

If anyone can step up on this one and provide information, I would be happy
to put it all together in a fully documented HOWTO so that anyone else
attempting this configuration will have a clear and concise guide.

Regards,

Raymond McKay
President
RAYNET Technologies LLC