[Asterisk-Users] CDR Web Search Frontend

Jamie Carl geek at jazz-inc.net
Tue Sep 30 00:20:22 MST 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:43:34 +0100
  WipeOut <wipe_out at lycos.co.uk> wrote:

>Thats COOL!!!. :)
>
>Is GPL the correct licence for it??
>
>I am not so hot on all that licencing stuff and all I
>hear is that licence X is not compatible with licence Y
>and so this code needs to removed and yada-yada-yada
>blah-blah-blah..
>
>Would it not be better to use LGPL (which I believe is
>less restrictive) or X11/MIT Licence which has very few
>limitations as I see it..
>
>Later..

GPL should be sufficient.  I went over it during my lunch
break.  Seems like the users have more rights than the
Authors. :)  Basically what it comes down to is that
anyone can use/modify it in any way, as long as they
release it GPL as well.  I found it to be quite lax on
restrictions for use/distribution to be honest.

It also means that if it's modified, I can't be blamed for
anything, which is all I'm worried about.  Given that it
is a separate entity to Asterisk, it should not use LGPL
as it is not a library.

Regards,

Jamie Carl
Jazz Inc.