[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk license (fwd)

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Fri Sep 26 15:50:58 MST 2003

Just FYI, MySQL stuff has been pulled from Asterisk since apparently now
the client libraries are under GPL and not LGPL (and thus are incompatible
with OpenH323).  You may check out the MySQL code under "asterisk-addons",
but you should not use both MySQL and OpenH323 (OpenSSL is also
questionable) in the same Asterisk installation unless you downgrade your
MySQL client libraries to a version that is before they GPL'd it.

Sorry for the added inconvenience.  I'm including the message from MySQL
if any of you would like to try to encourage them to LGPL their client
library again.  Thanks!

Mark