[Asterisk-Users] number detection problem.

Thomas Moghnie thomas_moghnie at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 14:40:10 MST 2003

We had the same problem

I found it useful to turn down the rxgain and txgain to -14 on those channels
and make the T1 card the master clock source

zaptel.conf

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
#for the T100P

--- Note the 1 instead of 2 for the second parameter.

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

# For the T100P

Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com> wrote:
On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 15:09, Jon Hopper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're using asterisk with a z-plex 10 and a Zap tormentia card at a non-profit home for the aged.
>
> Sometimes when we dial out, our numbers are misintepreted with one number being detected twice. For instance 337-4411 becomes 337-7441 7's 4's and 0's seem to be particularly prone to this issue.
>
> Any ideas? I've tried turning down rxgain and txgain.
>
> A little debugging info:
>
> # uname -a
> Linux pbx 2.4.18 #1 Mon Aug 25 14:27:34 EDT 2003 i686 unknown
> Debian system
> 1.2Ghz Athalon Thunderbird
> Asterisk CVS-08/25/03-14:35:09, Copyright (C) 1999-2001 Linux Support Services, Inc.

Do you hear a little static during the dialtone? Do you sometimes hear
extra noise as you add on more active channels? If so it has to do with
timing problems and slips. Asterisk will detect a DTMF then a static pop
will signal the end of the DTMF, then asterisk hears the DTMF again.
--
Steven Critchfield