[Asterisk-Users] VIA vs Intel

Sean P. Robertson spr at netxusa.com
Wed Sep 24 19:58:51 MST 2003

I have.  Heads up on the built-in sound.  Like everything else on the
motherboard, it uses a VIA chipset and chan_oss will not work with it.

Several posts have been made to the list in the past about the VIA chipset
sound cards.  Take a look at the Google archives for more info.

Does anyone have any updated information on this or is the VIA chipset sound
card a lost cause?

Sean

Sean Robertson

NETXUSA
p. 800-289-6389
f.  864-233-4344                  "Ask me about Voice over IP."
http://www.netxusa.com/