[Asterisk-Users] [Release] Skinny Support in cvs

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Sep 19 17:02:32 MST 2003

I've been poking at the Skinny channel driver since yesterday and
noticed a few things.

There doesn't seem to be inbound audio to the 79[46]0 phones.  The
status display shows a 0ms packet size.  This was for calls to and from
Zap, SIP and another skinny phone.  One clue was that a skinny to skinny
call reported the on hook event before the answered event, and the
answered event was generated by app_dial.  The skinny_answer does not
seem to get triggered.

I tried to set callerid in skinny.conf, but upon answering a call from
another skinny phone, Asterisk seg-faults. (Maybe bug 264?)  I found a
sure-fire way to cause a segfault, and that
is to dial the phone I am calling from.  I know, not a real world
example, but I found it
by mistake and is 100% reproducable.

I also noticed that the skinny.conf was not re-read by the reload
command.  I see bug 261 is resolved, does the status change to closed
once commited to CVS, or should a CVS update from today have the fix
already?

I tried sending this to the dev list, but it seems to have been dropped
by the moderator.
Let me know if this information is not usefull.

Thanks, Dan