[Asterisk-Users] When ISDN is busy, asterisk hangs

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Fri Sep 19 18:03:30 MST 2003

Hi,

I have asterisk configured for german ISDN
and SIP. SIP only for intranet connections.

In our office there is a snom 100 and a snom 200
phone.

When I'm calling a (public) telephone number
which is busy, asterisk chan_modem hangs.
Busy is never indicated to the calling SIP phone.

And afterwords, the ISDN-channel is busy for
both directions. I.e. I have to shut down
asterisk and restart it in order to make any
further calls or receive calls - except internal
SIP calls.

I'm using asterisk 0.5.0 and SuSE Linux 8.2.
Any ideas?

Thanks for any hints!
Roger.