[Asterisk-Users] call center design question

Yifang Dai daiy at attbi.com
Tue Sep 16 15:14:10 MST 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 04:23:47PM -0300, Paulo Mannheimer wrote:
> Sure, here it it goes.
>
> We first developed a small client that sits on a Windows machine taskbar
> (sorry guys, but customer had only windows machines ... Hehehe). Upon
> boot, the client is loaded and communicates with the * server telling
> its IP address and extension number.
>
> When a call is about to be transferred to that extension, an * AGI sends
> the client all information that was programmed to be transferred. We had
> to patch app_queue.c to do this (giving it the ability to call an AGI
> just before a call is being answered by a queue member). I've submitted
> a patch with this change but I'm not sure if it was accepted.
>
> Once the client receives the data, it makes it available through the
> clipboard. All your application has to do is to monitor the clipboard
> waiting for any data. If something shows up, it's an indication that the
> agent's phone is going to ring pretty soon!
>
> We are currently expanding our small client to handle much more tasks,
> maybe even a complete SIP/IAX softphone, so we can deploy an entire
> contact center based on VoIP. Anyone willing to help?
>
> Best,

Thanks!

We're planning something similar, but have some interesting designs:

Asterisk

perl script listening as manager

Jabber server

clients

Basically, we want to utilize the client/server arch. of jabber, and
just need to write the perl script to bridge the two.

--
Yifang Dai		 |
eFax: (847)628-0255      |    Debian GNU/Linux