[Asterisk-Users] call center design question

Paulo Mannheimer paulohm at instant.com.br
Tue Sep 16 12:23:47 MST 2003

Sure, here it it goes.

We first developed a small client that sits on a Windows machine taskbar
(sorry guys, but customer had only windows machines ... Hehehe). Upon
boot, the client is loaded and communicates with the * server telling
its IP address and extension number.

When a call is about to be transferred to that extension, an * AGI sends
the client all information that was programmed to be transferred. We had
to patch app_queue.c to do this (giving it the ability to call an AGI
just before a call is being answered by a queue member). I've submitted
a patch with this change but I'm not sure if it was accepted.

Once the client receives the data, it makes it available through the
clipboard. All your application has to do is to monitor the clipboard
waiting for any data. If something shows up, it's an indication that the
agent's phone is going to ring pretty soon!

We are currently expanding our small client to handle much more tasks,
maybe even a complete SIP/IAX softphone, so we can deploy an entire
contact center based on VoIP. Anyone willing to help?

Best,

PHM