[Asterisk-Users] x100P: Ring/off-hook in strange state 6 on channel1

John Sellens jsellens at generalconcepts.com
Tue Sep 16 12:25:20 MST 2003

| From: Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org>
|
| On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 12:19, John Sellens wrote:
| > I'm having the same problem with current asterisk versions - asterisk
| > sees the FXO line ringing, and claims to answer it, but doesn't
| > actually pick up the phone:
|
| Have your tried setting busydetect=no and callprogress=no in
| /etc/asterisk /zapata.conf?

Thanks Eric - that did the trick.

I think that this change in behaviour is due to this change in
channels/chan_zap.c:

3529c3670
<               if (i->callprogress && CANPROGRESSDETECT(i) && i->outgoing) {
---
>               if (i->callprogress && CANPROGRESSDETECT(i)) {

which I think used to allow callprogress only when an outoing call
is being placed (which seems reasonable on the surface - you don't
need callprogress on inbound calls/channels) but now always allows
callprogress.

But the thing I don't understand is, I think both callprogress and
busydetect default to 0/false/no/off in chan_zap.c, and I hadn't
set them earlier in my zaptel.conf file, but they seemed to be
getting set to yes in my case (or at least behaving that way).
Looking at the code, I don't see an obvious way for that to happen.

Oh well, perhaps I am hallucinating and not understanding properly.

Thanks!

John
jsellens at generalconcepts.com