[Asterisk-Users] Installation Configuration Questions

Dana Rawson DRawson at gjmltd.com
Tue Sep 16 12:33:59 MST 2003

I am new to Asterisk (and phone systems for that matter) and was looking for
guidance.

My company is looking at installing a new phone system/PBX in our new
location and I am trying to convince them to go with the Asterisk PBX.  I
see on http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=features
<http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=features>  what features are
available but my biggest problem right now is trying to size the system,
decide what type of redundancy I should build in and what type of bandwidth
will be required, so I can estimate system costs.  I have a need for a 100
user system.

Does anyone have a standard equation to design a system by?  Or rough
estimate?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or direction.

Dana