[Asterisk-Users] Re: ISDN BRI active adapters with NT mode - any alternatives ?

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Tue Sep 16 09:05:47 MST 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:10:33AM +0200, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 11:52, Klaus-Peter Junghanns wrote:
> >
> > i dont think that the Eicon Diva Server 4BRI's NT mode feature will
> > work with linux/capi. I think the feature in the driver is for their
> > PRI cards (where everything is always P2P). i may be wrong, though.
>
> I just had a chat with Eicon's French representatives and they confirm
> that the Eicon Diva Server 4BRI supports NT mode with Eicon's binary
> drivers that Eicon supports for Red Hat and Suse. They have no idea what
> the capabilities of the standard kernel drivers are : they do not
> support software libre. I took a look at the source and there may be
> something relevant at line 341 of drivers/isdn/eicon/bri.c but actually
> understanding what this code is  supposed to do is far beyond my
> technical abilities. It is quite strange that Eicon's representatives
> have no clue about the standard kernel driver's capabilities :
> drivers/isdn/eicon/bri.c is copyright Eicon. But maybe the people who
> actually know are at Eicon's headquarters, not in France. Anyone here
> knows who the relevant contacts may be ?

I am using the Diva 4BRI daily with our * and indeed it does support NT
mode on a port by port basis: when you configure the card initially you
are specifically asked whether you want ports in TE or NT mode. And this
is with the open-source Melware drivers from http://mmm.melware.de.

Now I have no idea if * supports plugging ISDN phones in the Diva. AFAIK
it's not supported by chan_capi, but that may change.

--
In linux-dominated parallel world, all children's names begin with g, k or x