[Asterisk-Users] ISDN BRI active adapters with NT mode - any alternatives ?

Jean-Marc V. Liotier jim at jipo.com
Tue Sep 16 02:10:33 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 11:52, Klaus-Peter Junghanns wrote:

> i dont think that the Eicon Diva Server 4BRI's NT mode feature will
> work with linux/capi. I think the feature in the driver is for their
> PRI cards (where everything is always P2P). i may be wrong, though.

I just had a chat with Eicon's French representatives and they confirm
that the Eicon Diva Server 4BRI supports NT mode with Eicon's binary
drivers that Eicon supports for Red Hat and Suse. They have no idea what
the capabilities of the standard kernel drivers are : they do not
support software libre. I took a look at the source and there may be
something relevant at line 341 of drivers/isdn/eicon/bri.c but actually
understanding what this code is  supposed to do is far beyond my
technical abilities. It is quite strange that Eicon's representatives
have no clue about the standard kernel driver's capabilities :
drivers/isdn/eicon/bri.c is copyright Eicon. But maybe the people who
actually know are at Eicon's headquarters, not in France. Anyone here
knows who the relevant contacts may be ?

> We are working on an alternative, a passive multiport ISDN card that
> supports TE and NT mode with zaptel drivers for asterisk.

Interesting. Got any time to market estimates ?