[Asterisk-Users] ISDN BRI active adapters with NT mode - any alternatives ?

Steve Haehnichen s-asterisk at trix.com
Mon Sep 15 13:26:31 MST 2003

-=> On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:42:18 +0200, "Jean-Marc V. Liotier" <jim at jipo.com> said:

> Having ISDN FXOs and a bunch of ISDN DECT base stations, I went
> looking for a CAPI compatible active BRI adapter capable of NT
> mode. I have found that the 'Eicon Diva Server 4BRI' fulfills theses
> requirements.  However, at EUR 1387 for four BRI interfaces, it does
> not come cheap.  Are there other users of similar hardware that can
> point me to alternatives ?

One alternative I'm considering is a stand-alone multi-BRI-to-VoIP
box, like this VegaStream:
  http://www.vegastream.com/pdf/ISP%20Application%20Note.pdf

Or a similar Multitech:
  http://www.multitech.com/DOCUMENTS/DataSheets/2046.asp

That moves the ISDN channels straight onto Ethernet.  (I'm having no
end of trouble trying to get National-ISDN to work with I4L under
Linux here, so a dedicated box looks pretty attractive.)

-Steve