[Asterisk-Users] SJphone DTMF?

Kevin Bockman neoninternet at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 11:08:25 MST 2003

Hi. I have sjphone installed on windows and working
except for dtmf.  I read the docs for sjphone and it
uses inband dtmf.  I configired dtmfmode=inband but it
still does not recognize it.  Someone on the lists
said that inband only works using alaw or ulaw but i
tried only allowing that too but still no go.  Hmm..
any other ideas?  I can't get any other client to work
on windows :-/

I don't want to use windows for production but I need
something to test on right now.  Not having too good
of luck with anything.  estara crashes during
registration.  Looks like it keeps trying to register
for some reason and the client crashes.  x-lite won't
even attempt to register, it just sits there.  I tried
openphone but the codec is messed up -- just garbage
but hey dtmf works :P

The linux box that asterisk is running on is the only
extra one I have right now to use for linux.  Kphone
was the only client I could get compiled.  Won't
exactly work running on the same machine.

So if you have any other ideas for SIP clients on
windows, I would appreciate it.  I've tried sjphone,
estara, openphone, and x-lite mostly.  I need
something with that will work with DTMF.  Preferably
free but this is hopefully just for testing anyways.

Thanks,

Kevin