[Asterisk-Users] install help - make error

Timothy Soos XQL at americanisp.net
Sun Sep 14 02:01:34 MST 2003

On Saturday 13 September 2003 12:02 pm, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 12:41, d.redmore at att.net wrote:
> > I'm attempting to install * for the first time and encountering some
> > problems...  I'm running an old 166MMX processor with 50megs RAM...  SuSE
> > 8.1 distro...
> >

> > when I make clean ; make install in the /usr/src/asterisk dir, I get a
> > "error: termcap support not found".  the termcap libraries are installed.
> >  Anyone run into this before?
>
> This is one of those easy questions that you will learn should be
> answered quickly by either searching with google, or later with just
> knowing what you are doing.
>
> Your problem isn't that the libraries aren't installed, but rather you
> don't have the -dev packages installed. When you compile software, you
> need to have the headers to compile against the libraries.
>
> Hopefully this lesson will help you get past what will probably be your
> next two or so questions.

Depending on the distribution you are using, you can probably find RPM's of
the development packages you need.  If you are using Mandrake 9.1, the
packages you need are definitely available (though with Mandrake 9.1 you may
need to get some of the packages from the "contrib" section of Mandrake
online).  If you re running Mandrake 9.1 and can not find all the packages,
send me and email and I can send them to you.
--
Thanks,
Tim