[Asterisk-Users] Nortel i2004 and asterisk ??

Dave Packham dave.packham at utah.edu
Tue Sep 9 22:02:47 MST 2003

several SIP webpages list the 2004i as a SIP hardphone..... I have 50+ of them that I would love to use with * but cant.... one Nortel rep said they are writing a flash for it and one said not.....  we can only hope

Dave

>>> andres at telesip.net 9/9/2003 10:09:23 PM >>>
Where did you hear that they were SIP Phones??  Its not true.

What is true is that there is a software called the "Nortel Networks SIP
Client".  This is a windows PC SIP Software that has the ability to control
the i2004, so in turn the i2004 behaves as a SIP phone (provided the Windows
PC is running).

You will have to contact Nortel directly to get the software.  Otherwise the
i2004 only works with the Nortel BCM and Succession Equipment.