[Asterisk-Users] Maximum number of X100P cards in the same * box

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Mon Sep 8 03:34:14 MST 2003

Hi,

> max we've got running happily without issues is 4 x X100P
> and 3 X100P + TDM40B in another install...
> we didn't get 4 X100P + TDM40B running, but that could have been an issue
> with our install at that time.... i have a feeling I could make it work :)
I need to run JUST the X100P cards (as many as possible). There is no need
for FXS cards.
There is no E1 available, just pure PSTN analog lines....I know that is a
lot cheaper to get an E1, but it is not possible in those circumstances...
Or there is any cheaper option to get 18 FXO ports in a single * box than to
run multiple * servers with 6 X100P cards in each of them? Consider a price
of around 300USD per physical system (PC), so need for 3 PC's.
I'm really impressed by the X100P cards quality (in terms of sound and
reliability)... I have 4 in different systems working for 2 moths now
without even a single failure (not even software). The echo problem seems to
be now a problem of the past.... Ther users are very happy with the new
tool..:-)

> > Anyone know when the 4 ports FXO Digium card will be available on the
> > market?
>
> Initial speculation was for end of September, but a little bird told me
> that there may be a slight delay as a last-minute feature add was in the
> works.
Last-minute feature?.... You make me curious..:-))

> However, Digium has not publicly commented on either of these, so
> don't hold them to it.
Someone from Digium who can comment now about dates?

Thanks,
Dan