[Asterisk-Users] IVR only system with scalibility with asterisk???

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Thu Sep 4 11:03:28 MST 2003

> Issues:
> 1.  We need to have a working system by "yesterday" (since we were told yesterday ;) my problem not yours). Realy, how easy is asterisk to develop for in a IVR message -> response -> authorize/validate -> contiune scenario? We will need to do database lookups.

An AGI application should be able to do this for you..

> 2. We expect that we will end up greater than 100 users that will call in 3 or 4 time each day during (approx) normal business hours in the next couple of months. We also have the possibility that the next step may involve several hundred users. How can I provide something now and scale UP from a "commidity" PC (running GNU/Linux of course)? The Wildcard X100P only has 1 port. Are there other higher density options that "just work"? I've seen mentioned an Intel/Dialogic card that looks high density and expensive and interesting. I don't mind having a farm of these things on commidity hardware... within reason. Again, I'm a newbe trying to get myself up to speed on this topic.

The digium hardware is your best bet (as opposed to intel/dialogic), you can get a single quad port card that will handle either 96 channels of T1 or 120 channels of E1 depending on which part of the world you live in..

> 3. I need to provide a working model very soon. What is cheapest way to put together a system with AVAILIBLE parts? There seems to be a shortage of some of the cards on the yahoo store front.

An X100P will give you a working model with a simgle channel, If you want to use a BRI ISDN line you could use an AVM or EICON ISDN card..