[Asterisk-Users] I don't think I understand "Call pickup"

Mickey Binder mickey at comflex.dk
Thu Sep 4 11:22:22 MST 2003

I must be getting something wrong about this call pickup.

In zapata.conf I have just the default callgroup=1 and pickupgroup=1. If I
call from my mobile to * and then try to dial *8 from any other phone than
the one which is ringing I just get a "Nothing to pick up" answer on my *
console.

I also have experimented with those parameters in sip.conf but are not aware
of exactly where to use them. Can those be put under the [general] section
or should they go under each user definition?

regards
Mickey Binder