[Asterisk-Users] TE410P - one way audio, after "rpm -qa" on RedHat 9

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Mon Sep 1 23:54:27 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 08:39, Gavin Hollinger wrote:
> TE410P - one way audio, after "rpm -qa" on RedHat 9
>
> After much trouble, I can consistently reproduce this error.
>
> Anyone have any idea why all Zap channels on my TE410P would develop one
> way audio after "rpm -qa" has been run while asterisk is running?
>
> If I reboot, run "rpm -qa" first then load asterisk and modules all is OK
> when "rpm -qa" runs the second time.
>
> However, If I reboot, load asterisk and modules then run "rpm -qa"
> asterisk is still aware of on-hook/off-hook status and ab signaling bits
> in both directions and can transmit audio OK.  It just will not receive
> any audio at all on any of the 96 channels of the TE410P.
>
> The problem surfaced, by my test dialer failing every morning at 4:03am...
> Yes RedHat 9's /etc/cron.daily/rpm was the culprit..  ?????
>
> Any Ideas?

When I read your post I dialled  3619 (It's the same number as the clock
in France) on my Grandstream nothing at all, Voicemail the same, I think
this has happened before and I never connected it with cron, but I'm not
using RH I'm giving MDK a last chance. I have not gone in to it deeply
but have thought of restarting asterisk at cron time. If someone's on
the phone at that time they're only talking to themselves anyway.
--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>