[Asterisk-Users] TE410P - one way audio, after "rpm -qa" on RedHat 9

Gavin Hollinger digium.com at gavinhollinger.com
Mon Sep 1 23:39:48 MST 2003

TE410P - one way audio, after "rpm -qa" on RedHat 9

After much trouble, I can consistently reproduce this error.

Anyone have any idea why all Zap channels on my TE410P would develop one
way audio after "rpm -qa" has been run while asterisk is running?

If I reboot, run "rpm -qa" first then load asterisk and modules all is OK
when "rpm -qa" runs the second time.

However, If I reboot, load asterisk and modules then run "rpm -qa"
asterisk is still aware of on-hook/off-hook status and ab signaling bits
in both directions and can transmit audio OK.  It just will not receive
any audio at all on any of the 96 channels of the TE410P.

The problem surfaced, by my test dialer failing every morning at 4:03am...
Yes RedHat 9's /etc/cron.daily/rpm was the culprit..  ?????

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Gavin Hollinger

PS:  Greetings to the other Gavin's on the list.  I did not think the name
was very popular.  I will try to put my last name also in future posts.
8-)