[Asterisk-Users] Info on UK ISDN30e?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 02:12:05 MST 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:32:13AM +1100, Anthony Wood wrote:

> And the reverse is possible too, if you buy 2 E100 cards, you can plug your old
> PABX into the Asterisk server and set up with very minimal config so each proprietry
> handset can be used with Asterisk.

Another interesting idea, but not really appropriate - I don't want to replace the
current one - it'll be staying the way it is in this building - I'm only proposing to
develop a PBX for the new building :)

> If you are going this route, you should consider a TE410P which will give you
> future options of T1 channel banks, extra E1 lines etc.

Channel banks, from what I've gathered, are only useful if you want to use POTS analogue
phones - is that correct? Whilst the call-centre staff are pleasant, they're not the
brightest bunch, bless their fluffy little heads - so a digital phone with LCD,
programmable buttons, and lights to show what lines have calls waiting to be answered,
etc. is quite mandatory.

This would seem to narrow my options to 'IP Phones' like the Budgetone / Snom ... I also
see a lot about 'ADSI' support in * with regard to low-speed data signalling (1200 baud I
believe) to analogue extensions - will a channel bank help here? What kind of ADSI phones
are available at what sort of cost, since I've not been able to find any information :(

Cheers,
Gavin.