[Asterisk-Users] Info on UK ISDN30e?

Anthony Wood woody+asterisk at switchonline.com.au
Thu Oct 30 16:32:13 MST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 03:10:09PM -0000, Linus Surguy wrote:

> > Finally, are my options for handsets limited to IP phones via Ethernet,
> > or analogue phones via a channel bank (and then to another Digium E1/T1
> > card), or is there the possibilty to re-use proprietary handsets from a
> > previous PBX?
>
> One option you might not have considered is connect your existing PBX to the
> back of Asterisk and thereby use it as a channel bank itself.

And the reverse is possible too, if you buy 2 E100 cards, you can plug your old
PABX into the Asterisk server and set up with very minimal config so each proprietry
handset can be used with Asterisk. Of course you only get 30 simultaneous
connections between the Asterisk and the old PABX per E1

If you are going this route, you should consider a TE410P which will give you
future options of T1 channel banks, extra E1 lines etc.
--
Woody