[Asterisk-Users] Info on UK ISDN30e?

Fearghas McKay fm-lists at st-kilda.org
Thu Oct 30 08:24:24 MST 2003

At 14:38 +0000 30/10/03, Gavin Hamill wrote:

>The problem begins in that I only have a very loose grasp of the telco
>world.  Has anyone used ISDN30e in the UK with the Digium E1 cards? What
>options are there to stick on a couple of ISDN2's on top of that should
>we require some 'backup lines'.

I would just get another ISDN30 and enable extra circuits as required,
rather than add a couple lines here and there with ISDN2/BRI.

You can of course get ISDN30 from other suppliers than BT. Some may try and
present as DASS rather than Q931. You want Q931 otherwise you need to get a
convertor box. Q931 is the RJ45 version that you just plug in to the line
card.

You could probably reuse the handsets from the proprietory pbx, but it may
be cheaper to save the time and complexity by justgetting new handsets,
that would need an analysis.

HTH