[Asterisk-Users] Info on UK ISDN30e?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 12:24:31 MST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 03:24:24PM +0000, Fearghas McKay wrote:

> I would just get another ISDN30 and enable extra circuits as required,
> rather than add a couple lines here and there with ISDN2/BRI.

I think the point is that we've just about reached capacity on our 30
channels, and won't be in this building for much longer (basically as
soon as we can get telephony + data into the new building) so rather
than taking another ISDN30, just take a couple of ISDN2s to tide us over
in the meantime... isn't eight the minimum no. of channel for a new
ISDN30 installation?

> Q931 is the RJ45 version that you just plug in to the line card.

OK thanks for that info, I'll keep it in mind.. I did see DASS2 refered
to on BT's ServiceView price list, but didn't know what the alternative
was called.

> You could probably reuse the handsets from the proprietory pbx, but it may
> be cheaper to save the time and complexity by justgetting new handsets,
> that would need an analysis.

Yes :) It was only a thought - I think they want to leave the current
equipment in the current building in case we need to re-use it at a
later date, or suddenly expand past capacity in the new building, etc.

Many thanks for your time and comments!

Cheers,
Gavin.