[Asterisk-Users] SS7 signaling/Softswitch

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Tue Oct 28 07:54:01 MST 2003

> > So, the proper answer is that if you really want to
> implement this PRI - SS7
> > - PRI message, you should really be talking to your nearest
> CO Engineer or
> > Telco Enterprise Business Office where they handle this all
> the time for
> > enterprise call center applications.
>
> Hah.  I've yet to have any luck talking to anyone that
> _really_ knows what's
> going on.  Or at least anyone that knows what's going on
> *and* can think out of
> the box.  I wish I could find a fone phreak that was hired by
> an RBOC and knows
> stuff from the inside and out.  I would fit the bill, but I
> didn't get to spend
> enough time on the inside to get a big enough handle on
> interconnections.

We are doing work with a regional CLEC on the east coast who have their own
5ESS.  I'm able to get reasonable access to their engineers.  I'm thinking
that in the next few months, we may be ramping up to SS7, and will need
their assistance, and they will probably be able to supply it.

What I mean is that trying to work your way through the labyrinth known as
Quest may not be the best way to get the job done.  Work with a regional
CLEC, you may get better access.

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.