[Asterisk-Users] SS7 signaling/Softswitch

CW_ASN - Gus cw_asn at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Oct 28 04:12:35 MST 2003

Brad:

Lucent 5ESS can treat a PRA (PRI) like a CCS7 or R2 route. This feature
allow to route any number, including numbers outside the DID range. I know
some class 5 switches (Lucent, Siemens, Ericsson, Nec, Alcatel and Italtel),
and only Lucent 5ESS and Siemens EWSD provides this feature (at least in
world-wide market, I mean, non US market). If you like to connect a VoIP
gateway, in the 5ESS you can route any number, like local, national or
international. I have * connected to our 5E switch, and it works good.

PRI was defined as the ISDN termination for customer side in 'high-speed'
Nx64 or Nx56; supports all advanced features provided by ISDN and in general
terms, provides full mapping for ISUP layer 4 data.
At least for EuroISDN, for IN and AIN features, PRI only provides voice
connection with SSP switch. PRI doesn't have a special messages replacing or
adding features to INAP, because it haven't a message structure neither
querys nor commands (you can't specify triggers in PRI signalling), only for
ISDN termination related to call establishment.

Regards,

Gus