[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind NAT to SIP provider

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 24 14:31:46 MST 2003

> I've currently got Asterisk running behind NAT with iconnecthere and it
> works with incoming and outgoing calls. All I did enable nat in sip.conf
> (nat=1) and authenticate against natrelay.deltathree.com. The only
> 'special' thing I can see about my setup is that the NAT device supports
> UPNP. I haven't port forwarded any external ports internally.

Great! I wonder what their natrelay is really doing. Deltathree have
published a very good white paper on NAT and SIP, so they propably know
what they're doing.

Please debug with
CLI> sip debug

and try to understand what really goes on and please tell us, or forward
the debug. A register and a call setup would be interesting.

Also, please mail your configuration for us to consider.

Every little step forward...
/O