[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind NAT to SIP provider

nathan nathan at yorkukhosting.com
Fri Oct 24 12:36:39 MST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of rnc Info
Lists
Sent: 24 October 2003 19:32
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind NAT to SIP provider

>> At this moment, Asterisk behind a NAT can't connect to an outside SIP
>> provider. If you put asterisk outside your NAT, your inside clients
>> can connect to Asterisk and Asterisk will be able to connect to your
>> providers.
>
> I suspected this would be the case. The problem is that I have no
control
> over the NAT. I guess I'll just have to work on my provider a bit more
> support IAX.

I've currently got Asterisk running behind NAT with iconnecthere and it
works with incoming and outgoing calls. All I did enable nat in sip.conf
(nat=1) and authenticate against natrelay.deltathree.com. The only
'special' thing I can see about my setup is that the NAT device supports
UPNP. I haven't port forwarded any external ports internally.

-Nathan