[Asterisk-Users] A software FAX modem

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Oct 24 11:49:07 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 11:54, Dave Cotton wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 18:27, Johnson, Randy wrote:
> > I would really, really love to get past the "I got a fax!" step with
> > this...
>
> Hey folks what distributions are you compiling on?
>
> I can't even get spandsp compiled on Mandrake 9.0 or 9.2 [But don't
> mention MDK to Steve C]

I don't mind Mandrake as much as the users that get attracted to it for
starters. Not all Mandrake users are bad.

As most people know, I built mine on debian. I had to get the libtiff
source file to get a few extra header files that are not included in the
-dev package. If I had time to deal with it, I'd file a bug report about
it.

As for the setup I tested. I have a T100P connected to a Zhone10b
channel bank. The fax machine is some el cheapo thing my boss picked up
recently so we didn't have to deal with the film transfer crap.

I set up a fax extension 107 and dialed it directly to send the fax. I
set up a sample.call file to send the tiff file back to the fax machine.

Outside of the tiff files, the rest of it was fairly simple for me to
set up.