[Asterisk-Users] A software FAX modem

marrandy marrandy at chaossolutions.org
Fri Oct 24 14:09:55 MST 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 12:54 pm, Dave Cotton wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 18:27, Johnson, Randy wrote:
> > I would really, really love to get past the "I got a fax!" step with
> > this...
>
> Hey folks what distributions are you compiling on?
>
> I can't even get spandsp compiled on Mandrake 9.0 or 9.2 [But don't
> mention MDK to Steve C]
> --
> Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>

Hello David.

Unfortunately, I don't have the spare equipment, either computers or telephony
hardware to build on other dist's.  My other Linux dists are on older and
more challenged hardware.
I used to run a lot Linux variants, but am down to only 6 now.
Plus the BSD's and commercial unixes keep me busy.

I don't see why it should be a problem, it's a server, no gui needed so
something that builds on one Linux dist, should build, trivially on the
others.

Google is your friend if you like to use the rpm's, but can't find them on
your mandrake CD's.  That goes for any other dist.

e.g. filename mandrake rpm   will give you a decent list to download the
relevent missing rpm.

Regards...Martin

--
Do not worry about which side your bread is buttered on: you eat BOTH sides.