[Asterisk-Users] Is the X100P a WinModem?

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Wed Oct 22 03:16:06 MST 2003

So I've been on the Asterisk list for a long time. Mostly looking to set
it up as a cheap alternative to a commercial MeetMe bridge, as a for-fun
project.

I keep noticing the Wildcard FXO X100P sorta seems like a Winmodem.
Winmodems are basically a sound card chip tied to a pots port, where the
Winders driver takes on the MO/DEM functions in software. I've always
despised them as a data communications device but the other uses of the
cards do seem good.

It would seem like this kind of board would be exactly what was needed to
provide a FXO port, assuming it can do full duplex operations, which it
should since data calls are full duplex....

The picture isn't quite high enough quality to read the chip specs... It
sorta looks likea  Winbound or Connexiant silkscreen....

So is that thing a winmodem with a different PCI identifier?

				-- Ethan (Tele Monster)