[Asterisk-Users] IAX with multiple NIC

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Wed Oct 22 02:32:19 MST 2003

Chee Foong wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have been using IAX to serve clients endpoints for a while with no
>problem.
>But recently, to increase the bandwidth to the Asterisk server, I add
>another network interface card to my Asterisk server which connected to a
>different service provider that I currently have. Both of my nic is assigned
>different public ip. the client will actually choose one of these ip and
>authenticate itself. However clients seems to be only able to authenticate
>using one of the ip(the old ip) even if i have configure (iax.conf) iax
>module to listen to all interface on the asterisk server.
>
>I wonder if ther is anybody having the same problem like mine when there are
>2 nic on a Asterisk server and would like to share your findings and
>experience.
>Is iax designed to handle multiple network interface in the first place?
>
>Foong

Its not an IAX issue its a routing issue.. By default the IP will be
routed via the first gateway address..

You need to setup custom routing tables so that data is returned out of
the same interface it was recieved on..

Here are details on what you will need to setup..
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

I haven't had time to look at it yet so you are on your own here... Good
luck..

Later..