[Asterisk-Users] IAX with multiple NIC

Chee Foong cheefoong at inovas.com
Wed Oct 22 02:14:07 MST 2003

Hello,

I have been using IAX to serve clients endpoints for a while with no
problem.
But recently, to increase the bandwidth to the Asterisk server, I add
another network interface card to my Asterisk server which connected to a
different service provider that I currently have. Both of my nic is assigned
different public ip. the client will actually choose one of these ip and
authenticate itself. However clients seems to be only able to authenticate
using one of the ip(the old ip) even if i have configure (iax.conf) iax
module to listen to all interface on the asterisk server.

I wonder if ther is anybody having the same problem like mine when there are
2 nic on a Asterisk server and would like to share your findings and
experience.
Is iax designed to handle multiple network interface in the first place?

Foong