[Asterisk-Users] Different MGCP issues

Mickey Binder mickey at comflex.dk
Wed Oct 22 01:13:09 MST 2003

Hi there

I've installed a 12 port MGCP gateway, (Hitron MDU-5612), which works ok most of the time. Sometimes when talking to the outside world, (via a TE410P), the line gets disconnected. I think its related to MGCP because I've also setup some SIP devices which doesn't behave like this.
I've examined the logs but can't find anything useful, it looks like its the MGCP device hanging up like normal when this behaviour occurs.

One more thing, CallerID.
Should incoming callerid work when using MGCP, because I can't get it to work. This could also be caused by the Hitron device not sending the correct DTMF, (I live in Denmark where we use DTMF CLIP. Are there anything that I need to setup in mgcp.conf in order to enable incoming callerid?

regards
Mickey Binder