[Asterisk-Users] Survey: Grandstream improvements.........

Michael T Farnworth mtf at maximasystems.com
Tue Oct 21 03:12:42 MST 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Low, Adam wrote:

> Maybe I am missing something here but why would it downgrade their
> network speed to 10mbps, its very rare to find a 100bT switches these
> days that don't also support 10bT. In a switched ethernet network there
> would be no performance loss for the other ports !?

The cable goes into the phone and then out of the phone into the computer.
That switch in the phone is 10Mbit so the computer ends up on 10Mbit too.
Perhaps the best way to avoid this is to join all the phones together
since they are all 10Mbit anyway, so you will then just need one extra
ethernet socket in the room for all the telephones.

Michael