[Asterisk-Users] Festival hangs up?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 15:59:27 MST 2003

My checked out source is not up to date with CVS so
my Rtp.c, Line 374 is not like yours but in general
what must have happened (given the text of the
message) is someone made a non-blocking
"read" system call when there was no data, saw that it
failed (-1 returned) and printed the log message.

You need to put in a test to see if errno == EAGAIN
and retry the read after a slight delay.  Treat itlike
a "short read".

How about quoting the souce lines around line 374.

--- "Steven M. Sokol" <ssokol at sokol-associates.com> wrote:
> Strange.  I have a simple extension set up to do some Festival
> testing.
> (Festival 1.4.3 /w Asterisk patch).  My extension looks like:
>
> exten => 1239,1,Answer()
> exten => 1239,2,Festival(Welcome to the asterisk system!)
> exten => 1239,3,Wait,1
> exten => 1239,4,Hangup
>
> Some times it work right (sounds crappy but works as expected).
> Other
> times it picks up and hangs up without saying anything.  The festival
> trace looks normal, but the * trace shows something like:
>
> Warning! [1122????] Rtp.c, Line 374 (ast_rtp_read) Resource
> temporarily
> unavailable.
>
> Also, the TTS playback is sometimes cut off or truncated.  An RTP
> error
> does not always accompany the cut off.
>
> System is dual processor P-III 866 MHz w/ 512 RAM. RedHat9.  Current
> CVS
> of Asterisk.
>
> Any suggestions would be great!
>
> Thanks!