[Asterisk-Users] Festival hangs up?

Steven M. Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Mon Oct 20 15:09:17 MST 2003

Strange.  I have a simple extension set up to do some Festival testing.
(Festival 1.4.3 /w Asterisk patch).  My extension looks like:

exten => 1239,1,Answer()
exten => 1239,2,Festival(Welcome to the asterisk system!)
exten => 1239,3,Wait,1
exten => 1239,4,Hangup

Some times it work right (sounds crappy but works as expected).  Other
times it picks up and hangs up without saying anything.  The festival
trace looks normal, but the * trace shows something like:

Warning! [1122????] Rtp.c, Line 374 (ast_rtp_read) Resource temporarily
unavailable.

Also, the TTS playback is sometimes cut off or truncated.  An RTP error
does not always accompany the cut off.

System is dual processor P-III 866 MHz w/ 512 RAM. RedHat9.  Current CVS
of Asterisk.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Steve