[Asterisk-Users] No detection of Line Busy

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 20 08:25:11 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 08:42, Herc wrote:
> [...]

Your problem basically comes from the fact that in the analog world, a
busy signal is a audio only signaling. Asterisk could do this detection
if it was directly touching the phones, or if it was connected digitally
to the switch that touches the phones.

I think there are some busydetect features you can turn on in the
zapata.conf file, but they are one of the things that is prone to
diconnecting a call early as you are trying to fuzzy match a pattern of
sound at the beginning of the call.